Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bored? NEVER!

I recall as a small child telling my mom, probably a little too often and in a voice a little too whiny, "I'm bored."  To which she'd respond with some wonderful idea like seeing how many 4-leaf clovers could be found in our yard or ironing my dad's shirts for $.25 a piece.  Now as an adult, I simply cannot fathom boredom.  The list of projects I want to tackle, crafts I want to sew, books I want to read, blogs I want to read, people I want to catch up with, yardwork and gardening I want to do and much, much more is simply endless! 

A few top items on my list are sewing some awesome placemats and maybe a table runner from my cool thrift store fabric finds, figuring out how to rearrange our space to accomodate 2 desks which will become a cutting/sewing table that I purchased from a friend who's moving, dividing the sedum along our fence line since it 'tis the season, installing edging around our newly created boat parking pad (thanks to Mike and his dad,) locating a Bakeri Blue Spruce and planting it at the front corner of our house (must be done in spring,) determining if I want to rehab another property in the coming months, seeking alternative employment opportunities, and more! 

My list of books is bordering on crazy - I had to return My French Life by Vicki Archer to the library before I could finish it, and I haven't yet begun Entre Nous: A Woman's Guide to Finding her Inner French Girl which is due back soon (probably because I've been skimming Sew Darn Cute, Button Girl, House Beautiful The Home Book, and the Finishing Touch book from House Beautiful in my so-called "spare time", HA!)  I have yet to finish Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy, despite really enjoying it, and Anthony Bourdain's The Nasty Bits (I managed to read Kitchen Confidential and loved it, being the ex-waitress I am!)

Me, bored?  NEVER!  You see, I think I inherited a gene that keeps me forever curious and motivated to try something new.  Life is simply too short not to reap all it has to offer. 

One of my favorite sayings from Curly Girl's Leigh Standley is "The world is full of people who will go their whole lives and not actually live one day.  She did not intend on being one of them."  (This is also the woman who came up with "I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world."  What's not to love?!) 

So tell us, friends, how will you keep from being bored in life?! 
Hugs to you this wonderful Saturday morning! ~J

More Curly Girl Favs to make you smile...

Boston International Leigh Standley's Curly Girl Design Cocktail Napkins, Cape and Tiara (Pack of 6)          Curly Girl Ceramic Mug- The World Is Full - with Gift Box        Boston International Leigh Standley's Curly Girl Design Cocktail Napkins, Little Umbrella (Pack of 6)   Boston International Leigh Standley's Curly Girl Design Cocktail Napkins, Life is Tough (Pack of 6)         Boston International Leigh Standley's Curly Girl Design Cocktail Napkins, Happiness (Pack of 6)     

2 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

I am never often bored, and if so I drink! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

This is so interesting, Joy.....I never thought of how bored I was as a kid, and how un-bored I am as an adult!!! Too true. Thanks for the fun insight! :)